Our family here at Ergo Chef loves a good hearty soup on cold, damp, rainy days. So we whipped up this bowl of Pasta Fagioli with a recipe from our friend Chef Rich Curry. We hope you enjoy this soup and recipe as much as we do!
Ingredients for Pasta Fagioli
- 3 stalks Celery
- 1 medium Onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- ½ lb bacon (not maple flavored)
- 3 Whole peeled tomatoes (canned) 1/8 cup liquid
- 8 oz. can white beans Strained
- 1 quart chicken stock/broth
- 1 teaspoon Chicken paste or bullion 1 packet
- 3 dry bay leaves
- Pinch/teaspoon Dry oregano
- Pinch/teaspoon Dry basil
- Pinch Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1-1/2 cup Ditalini Pasta
- 1/3 cup Grated Parmesan cheese, and add more cheese once bowled if desired.
Kitchen Supplies needed
You’ll need one medium size stock pot. Spoon for stirring, ladle for serving and grater for fresh cheese. Oh and a good sharp knife for prepping the veggies and bacon. We used the Crimson G10 Chef knife for this video, and it worked brilliantly.